LIFE LESSONS


This blog was created for everyone looking to share experiences and ideas about music, life, love, & growth.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Making History Onstage (at Glastonbury)





 Looking at the blogs last night from each of Glastonbury’s 21 performance areas, I began to realize that this was going to be a concert experience like I’ve never even imagined.  I saw images of dancing mud parties, dubstep salsa jams, childhood dream lands, circus performers on stilts, environmental powwows, interactive art exhibits, and rock star studded performances... It became more exciting by the moment. Imagination and joy were running wild with wreckless abandon.  
Clearly, this was going to be an experience like no other.  It began with a muddy adventure with my girls out to the sea of people in our Wellies (Wellingtons: a british slang term for rain boots).   We saw all types of Glastonburians (and a few who clearly partied too hard the night before lol).
After a perfectly British meal of fish, chips and cider, we headed to the pyramid stage where I enjoyed acts like: the one and only Paul Simon followed by Plan B and Pendulum.


All of these great artistst made me so very thankful for the existence of music and how it connects us as human beings.
 ...and as the sun began to set, I could only think about one thing:  SHOWTIME!!!!

The energy of 175,000: incredible.

Being in a band of Women at the height of their artistry, rocking out together on one stage: Priceless.

Performing Glastonbury with Beyonce, the first female solo act to EVER close out the main pyramid stage :




                                                             History.

                                                       www.crystaljtorres.com


4 comments:

  1. fue algo simplemente magistral, algo unico la Gran Diva , con sus Grandes Mujeres que hacen brillar cada escenario que pisan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo happy to know that people I LOVE to have their dreams realized. I'm sure it was a wonderful experience for you guys but our hearts out here, too, were jumping for joy. Every day I thank God for you guys, by the wonderful people who you are and the wonderful music you bring to us. I LOVE YOU *----* (Come back to Brazil :])

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the love Luise and Ketherine.... I hope to see you both soon on the road!

    ReplyDelete